21 September, 2008

Foreign policy debate

I'll be one of the participants in a pre-debate roundtable starting Friday 8 pm, September 26th,
in the MPR of the University Union.

The topics are foreign policy and national security.

I hope it will be interesting, but we shouldn't overhype the debates.

"Debates are like a restart button in the campaign. That's where viewers say, wait a minute, I don't have to make up my mind until I see them both in an equal footing in an unscripted situation," he said.

"But you know what's interesting? In 2004, John Kerry won every debate against George Bush. Every single one we polled after each debate. People thought Kerry was the better debater. But winning the debate does not give you the prize of being elected president."
--Bill Schnieder, CNN

No comments: