21 July, 2016

Fun with graphs

I've been reviewing basic comparative data for the foreign policy class.  I may have stumbled on a reason the Republicans (and Trump) have been doing so well--or maybe any cause-effect relationship is in reverse.  In any case,
comparison of belief in evolution versus national wealth, revealing ...
I think I'd like to visit Iceland.

In the World Values Survey, there's more evidence of the US has been shifting:  from more traditional and more self-expressive to less traditional but also less self-expressive.  It's quite a jump from 2008
Applied economist: World values survey
to 2015, but by no way unique.  Also check out South Africa, Ukraine, and Hong Kong, among others.
World Values Survey @ ValuesStudies
What's at all mean?  I don't know.  But it's fun to dig around.  If you'd like to take a look at the World Values Survey, you can find it at http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/WVSContents.jsp

No comments: